- Environmental Management
Environmental management is conducted to minimize the environmental damage that inevitably occurs as a result of logistics and sales, and to achieve environmentally sustainable development.
Environmental Management Policies
LOTTE HIMART has the following six environmental policies in place.
- Conform to domestic and international environmental legislation, and take the initiative in actively responding to environmental issues, including atmospheric pollution and waste.
- Create an environment-friendly retail market in Korea and provide the consumer with a wide range of environment-friendly products and lifestyles.
- Create an organized and reliable environmental management system to minimize environmental pollutants such as CO2.
- Reduce the use of resources and energy in the distribution and sale of products, and create a safe and pleasant business environment.
- Jointly implement environmental management policies with partner companies for sustainable partnerships and responsible management.
- Actively take part in environmental preservation activities, and communicate the value of the environment to the consumer and society through various campaigns.
Environmental Objective of 2022
- Efficient management of energy and resources (reduction of power by 5% and water usage by 7%)
- Minimization of greenhouse gas emissions with the use of eco-friendly facilities (reduction by 5%)
- Establish environmental awareness among all employees through environmental education and make environmental conservation activities a way of life (for all employees)